There are a number of methods for signing into Launcher using the Launcher client app.
- Proximity detection (iOS): Find and connect directly to Launcher receivers by selecting a device from a list or nearby receivers.
- QR scan: An option to scan a QR code is available from the client app. A unique QR code is shown on every Launcher receivers’ home screen.
- Manual sign in: Alternatively, users can sign in directly on the Launcher device by interacting with the Sign in option and entering their Microsoft credentials.
There are several methods for disconnecting the mobile app from Launcher, all of which will clear the cache, keeping your information off the shared device. Disconnection methods are:
- Manual disconnect: Option available on the mobile app and on the receiver to manually disconnect.
- Timeout disconnect: After two minutes, the client app will automatically disconnect from the Launcher receiver.
- Proximity disconnect (iOS): Users will be disconnected upon reaching a certain distance between the Launcher client app and Launcher receiver. The distance is dependent on the devices’ Bluetooth signal strengths.