General settings of the Launcher application provide access to room details, Windows settings, and kiosk mode.
The room details section of the general settings contains the following information, which can be changed at any time:
- Room name - Typically this is the room where Launcher is installed. When clients are connecting via the mobile app, they'll see room names in close proximity.
- Location (optional): The geographical location, campus, floor or team for which the application is installed.
Kiosk mode is a feature that can be enabled or disabled. When enabled in the settings, kiosk mode will:
- Prompt users to restart the device
- Open the Launcher application in fullscreen when the device starts up.
- Disable Windows keyboard shortcuts and touch gestures while the Launcher application is open.
As kiosk mode limits access to Windows OS, the Launcher general settings provide a shortcut for direct access to Windows OS settings, for convenience.