Launching DisplayNote Classroom.
When you have created your presenter account, and downloaded DisplayNote Classroom on to your device, open the application.
- If you wish to stream your PC desktop, you will need to log in to the PC/Mac application and start the session there.
- If you wish to present a whiteboard, PDF, PowerPoint, or previously saved DisplayNote Classroom presentation, you can do so directly from your device.
Log in by entering your email address and password under the ‘Start a session’ tab:
Please note: you will be asked if you wish to ‘stay logged in’ - this will avoid having to log in every time you open the application.
Starting a session.
To start presenting, you need to choose one of the below options:
- Share your desktop (PC/Mac only) - streams a live feed of your desktop to your participants;
- Share a whiteboard - starts a session on a custom background;
- Share a saved presentation - allows you to open a previous DisplayNote Classroom sesion, or to import a PowerPoint or PDF document.
Once you select the option suitable for you, you will see the Session ID and a QR code for your participants to connect to your session.
Connecting a presenter device.
Presenters can control their session from an alternative device, e.g. iPad if they don’t want to be tethered to one spot. To control a session started on a PC/Mac from your iOS or Android device, open the DisplayNote Classroom app, and enter your login details underneath the ‘presenter log in’ section. Please note, you must launch the desktop software first to generate the Session ID. When prompted, you can choose to ‘stay logged in’ to avoid logging in every time.
The app will recognise the PCs you have a current session running on, and you can connect to these by tapping the green icon.
If you can’t see your device and session, select ‘Can’t see your session’ and you can type in the Session ID.
Connecting participant devices.
Participants can connect using the app (available for Windows/Mac/iOS/Android), or if using a device where an app install is not possible (e.g. Chromebook) they can connect via the web.
Connecting devices using the DisplayNote Classroom app (Windows/Mac/iOS/Android).
To share your desktop or display screen with your audience, ask them to open the app on their device. (Participants can search for ‘DisplayNote’ in the App Store or Play Store). Participants should go to the ‘join a session’ tab and enter their name and Session ID.
Please note: if a participant is connecting from a different location, you can send the Session ID via email from the Sessions Control menu.
Please sign in to leave a comment.