The session controls menu is used to control the content you are sharing, allowing you to switch between sharing your desktop (if using a PC), sharing content on a whiteboard background, or sharing a saved presentation.
It also contains access to the Participant Manager along with the option to invite new participants to your session by email.
Session Controls can be accessed on both a host computer, via the toolbar and on the in-app toolbar. Session Control icon:
- Manage participants/Manage - use this to open the Participant Manager.
- Share a whiteboard - share new content on a background.
- Share a saved presentation - share a previous DisplayNote session file, PDF and PPTx files.
- Invite participants via email - send out an email invite containing the Session ID.
- End session - end the session for this device or for all participants.
Presenters can manage session participants using the Participant Manager Screen
The participant manager screen can be accessed on the host computer or the app on the presenter device.
Participant Manager icon:
Participant Manager screen:
- Participant list - your participants’ names will appear in the list as they join.
- Icon symbol - you will see if your participants are connected over WiFi or cloud.
- Colour indicator - the colour indicator will tell you whether participants are active (green), inactive (amber) or inactive for more than 30 seconds (red).
- Participant Manager Functions - presenter can select participant manager functions from the participant manager screen.
The Collaboration tool allows you to put one or more participants into collaboration.
To select someone to collaborate with, check the box beside their name.