Sharing your computer screen is the same for both Windows and MacOS. Simply follow the on-screen instructions:
- Go to displaynote.com/join and download the DisplayNote app for Windows or Mac.
- Enter the session ID shown on the Montage home screen.
- Enter your name.
- Press connect.
- If you are the first person to connect, press Share my screen.
Pin code connect
This feature ensures that only users with an additional 4-digit PIN can connect and start streaming.
6-digit ID versus 10-digit session ID
A 6-digit session ID means that Montage is connected to the internet, allowing a connection across any network. A 10-digit session ID means Montage will allow local connections only. Read more here. (link to related article).
Pausing a stream
To pause your stream, click the pause icon. This will hide a user’s stream and notify other users that the stream is paused.
Annotating over a stream
Additional to presenting from your Windows device to a Montage receiver, you can emphasize or add context to the stream by annotating on top of the content.
- While you are sharing your screen, tap on the menu button at the top.
- Select the pen tool.
- Tap on the eraser icon to erase part of the annotation.
- Tap on the trash can icon to clear all drawings.
Taking a screenshot when presenting
- While sharing your screen, tap on the camera icon.
- A png of your capture will now be available in shared items.