We've covered how Launcher keeps your settings secure using the settings PIN.
In this section, we explore additional built-in functions that keep end-user information safe and secure the Windows system, namely the device cleanup function.
Device Cleanup is a feature of Launcher that removes sensitive data from the system after use, keeping end-user information private.
The data removed from the system during a device Clean up includes local data, cached information, and web history. Additionally, any application that was launched from Launcher will also close.
There are two methods for running a clean up: Manual and automatic.
Triggering manual clean up
The manual clean up function is available from the Launcher home screen and is available to anyone interacting with the application.
The process of triggering a manual clean up is straightforward. Simply press the Clean up on the Launcher home screen. Get a step-by-step breakdown.
Configuring Automatic Cleanup triggers
This function is available from the application settings. See how to access application settings.
The Automatic Cleanup function can be configured to trigger based on a set of parameters found in the Launcher security settings.
Follow the instructions below to configure automatic clean up options:
1. Go to the Security section of the application settings.
2. In the Security Settings, scroll down to Device cleanup. In this section, you may configure the Automatic Cleanup triggers as follows:
- When my meetings end can be toggled On or Off. This triggers the clean up operation when a scheduled meeting has ended.
- After a period of inactivity can be toggled On or Off. The period of inactivity and bandwidth usage (optional) can be set here.
- At a scheduled time can be toggled On or Off. The time and day(s) of the week can be set here.
3. When you are finished, you may close the application settings with your Automatic Cleanup configured.
Note: An alert will appear one minute before the Automatic Cleanup trigger is executed. Any user may Confirm or Cancel the Automatic Cleanup.