We’re excited to announce this month’s release as it includes some big features that we know you’ll find valuable.
What you might have heard is true: Launcher can be used with your meeting room consoles. Not only will you be able to launch any application onto the meeting room display via the room console, but you’ll also be able to control Microsoft Teams and Zoom calls, too.
Secondly, we’ve introduced a brand-new shortcut type: Network Drive shortcut. These shortcuts will allow you to get access to network drive content directly from the home screen. Your network drive folder is protected by username and password? Not a problem: You can choose to store those credentials securely or request them every time a user wants access. The choice is yours.
Lastly, we’ve made a change to room calendar events. Many of you have been requesting that we include an option to show the subject of calendar events, so we’ve done just that. Have a look at the application settings once you’ve updated Launcher and you’ll see an option that gives you the choice.
To those of you who requested early access to meeting room console support, thanks for your feedback. You’ve helped us plan for future updates to the function, so keep your eyes peeled on your inbox in the coming weeks and months because we’ve got lots more exciting features coming your way.
Functionality, features and improvements
- Meeting room console support | New function that automatically detects your meeting room console to give you control over your interactions with Launcher. Importantly, this function allows you to end your MS Teams and Zoom calls, toggle your mic, toggle your camera and control your volume output, directly from the meeting room console.
- Network Drive shortcuts | A new shortcut type to give users access to a specified network drive. The configuration is simple: Enter your drive URL, set a drive letter, choose your access method (user authenticated or shared access), and name your shortcut.
- Room calendar privacy | Choose whether you want to show or hide your room calendar events at the flick of a switch. This option is toggled to hide event titles by default to keep your existing events private.
- Inactivity timer: 5 mins | You’ll now have the ability to set the automatic room clean up function to trigger after 5 mins of inactivity (previously, 15 mins was the lowest).
Fixes to bugs and defects
- Montage | Fixed an issue whereby Montage wouldn’t open in the foreground.
- Montage | Fixed an issue whereby Montage would open off centre while Launcher was in kiosk mode while Montage was in windowed mode.
- Room Calendar | Fixed an issue that would occur during the application set up, whereby entering incorrect Exchange on prem details and then choosing to connect the room calendar to Exchange Online would cause an application freeze.
- Shortcuts | Fixed an issue whereby Launcher would generate errors if certain UWP logos could not be found.