The AirPlay protocol lets you use the screen sharing functionality that’s already built into iOS devices, eliminating the need to install the DisplayNote Desktop app or iOS app.
Note: To use Airplay, both the Montage receiver and the iOS device must be on the same network.
Present with AirPlay from an iOS device:
- On your iPad or iPhone, swipe down from the top-right corner of your screen to open the Control Center.
- On an iPhone X or later, swipe down from the top-right corner of your screen. On an iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.
- Tap Screen Mirroring.
- Tap on the name of the Montage receiver from the list.
- Enter the session ID, and press Connect.
- On the Montage receiver, tap on the iOS device name.
- To stop mirroring your iPhone or iPad, open the Control Centre again, tap Screen Mirroring, then tap Stop Mirroring.
Present with AirPlay from a Mac
- On your MacBook, click on the AirPlay icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen. If you don't see the icon, go to the Apple menu > System Preferences > Displays.
- Select Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available.
- Select the name of the Montage receiver from the list.
- To use Montage as a second display, open the menu bar and select Use As Separate Display.
Media playback/casting is supported via AirPlay, with the exception of content protected by digital rights management (e.g., Netflix).