Functionality, features and improvements
- New functionality | The Launcher UI will now adapt to screen resolutions with widths of 1439px resolution and below. Under these environments the UI will adapt to reposition the date and time, as well as the room details, while also condensing other elements on the home screen.
- Technical | Development efforts have led to an improvement to the Launcher installer, which now also doubles as an uninstaller.
- Technical | Added grease to cogs and tightened some screws to allow Launcher to boot faster and more efficiently.
- Interface | Modified the flow for adding web shortcuts to be consistent with the flow for editing shortcuts and adding app shortcuts.
- Export | Added appearance options and personal sign in options to the export process, and therefore to be included in the configuration file.
Fixes to bugs and defects
- Google Calendar | Fixed an issue whereby Zoom meetings would not be one touch enabled when creating events with Google Calendar.
- Interface | Fixed an issue with a variety of user actions, whereby duplicate pop-up windows would appear when pressing actions several times in quick succession.
- | Fixed an issue with the QR code, whereby new users would not be taken to the app store when scanning with their mobile app.
- Interface | Fixed a bug that would disable the sign in option after pressing it several times in quick succession.
- Google Calendar | Fixed an issue whereby the Google Calendar account details would not be displayed on the interface within the application settings.
- Browsers | Fixed an issue with the Launcher default app functionality whereby opening links wouldn’t always open in the chosen browser when Chrome and Opera were set.
- Interface | Fixed a minor issue whereby the disconnect option when connecting a Google Calendar account would appear without having connected the account.
- Installer | Fixed a phrasing inaccuracy on the installer, which occurred as a result of a change from the operating system’s handling of file system access.
- Interface | Fixed various visual defects that would appear on the interface while using the application in languages other than English.
- Interface | Fixed a minor spacing issue when viewing the full list of meetings for the room calendar via the side panel on the home screen.
- Interface | Fixed an issue with the volume control, whereby using a mouse to move the volume level would cause the volume bar to behave erratically.
- Exchange | Fixed an issue that would occur while using Exchange on premises method, whereby entering incorrect details and using the auto discovery functionality would cause the application to crash.
- One Drive | Fixed a bug whereby the OneDrive panel would not close after disconnecting using the mobile application.
- Security | Fixed a problem with the PIN recovery mechanism, whereby administrator usernames with an ‘@’ symbol would cause the application to crash.
- Security | Fixed an issue whereby the administrator authorisation window could be hidden and therefore prevent users from operating the application.
- Interface | Fixed a minor visual defect whereby certain parts of the interface would not be covered by a visual overlay while signing into Microsoft via the home screen.
- Shortcuts| Fixed a bug that would cause the Launcher application to close when removing certain shortcuts from the home screen.
- Exchange | Fixed an issue whereby a loss of connection with Exchange services would result in the room calendar being signed out, requiring users to authenticate once again when the connection is re-established.
Launcher mobile app
Fixes to bugs and defects
- Authentication | Rolled back to version 4.23.0 of Microsoft Authentication Library due to a bug introduced in its latest version. This bug caused navigation issues with the Launcher application while trying to sign in using Microsoft via the mobile application.
- Connection | Fixed an issue whereby the iOS application would not connect to Launcher after repeatedly pressing on a discovered screen.
- Interface | Fixed a minor visual defect that would be caused by selecting a display from a list where several other displays are discovered.
- Interface | Fixed a visual defect whereby the profile avatar would appear to be cut off while viewing a meeting event.