Since our last update we've been working on a nice mix of items that we know you'll appreciate, whether they are new features you've been waiting for, improvements to existing functionality, or bug fixes.
The most notable of these is undoubtedly auto-updates. Indeed, you can now set the application to update automatically during a period of your choosing. Once you've got this setting in place, you can rest assured that meeting rooms across your organization will always be running the most up-to-date version of the application.
There's much more to look forward to in this version: More effective display name detection for meeting room consoles; fixes to UI and scaling issues; reducing Graph API permission requirements; update to BlueJeans and Webex meeting conferencing links.
There's one more item that’s worthwhile highlighting: Kiosk mode power options. You've guessed it right, you can now shut down and restart the system while you're running the application in kiosk mode. We know that this has been a pet peeve for many of you, so we're really pleased to include this new feature in our September update.
We're all really excited at DisplayNote about the next few months leading up to Christmas, as we've got some tasty stuff cooking. We may be in touch with you soon to let you sample some of it and get your feedback, as we want to make sure it just right for you. Until then, enjoy our September update.
Features, functions and improvements
- Auto-updates | New feature allowing users to choose a time window in which the application should apply updates automatically when one is available. This option is exportable.
- Power options | New feature available to kiosk mode users, allowing them to shut down or restart the system from within the application settings.
- Kiosk mode | Systems that have the Disable CAD security policy set to 0 will no longer be able to set the application in kiosk mode.
- OneDrive | Permission scopes required for access to OneDrive files have been reduced. Launcher no longer requires Sites.ReadWrite.All, Files.ReadWrite
- Webex | Updated room calendar and personal calendar Webex events to launch the new Webex application.
- Meeting room console | Improved display name detection, allowing the application to read the name of the display without needing all drivers to be installed on the system.
Fixes to bugs and defects
- Languages | Fixed a variety of UI issues that would occur when using the application in different languages.
- Microsoft | Fixed an issue whereby Microsoft authentication panels would not appear in the foreground.
- Video conferencing | Fixed an issue whereby Bluejeans events with passcodes were not being recognised by the room calendar and mobile app calendar events.
- Video conferencing | Fixed an issue that would occur in a two-screen configuration, whereby the Zoom call window would not open in full screen.
- Video conferencing | Fixed an issue with the meeting room console overlay, whereby the event title included a typo.
- Shortcuts | Fixed a scaling issue with the network drive panel that would cause the UI to appear incorrectly in a two-screen configuration.
- Shortcuts | Fixed an issue whereby the wrong view would be shown while switching between Network Drive shortcut view and Web shortcut view.
- Security | Fixed an issue that would cause a crash when pressing two keys at exactly the same time while entering a PIN.