You may need to adjust some settings on your device to allow the on screen keyboard to appear. To do this:
To enable on screen keyboard in Windows 10
- On windows device, Press the windows key and search for "Touch Keyboard settings"
- scroll down to heading called "touch keyboard"
- look for setting "show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached"
- make sure this setting is turned ON
To enable on screen keyboard in Windows 11
- Press Start
- Keyboard settings
- Turn on the toggle under Use the On-Screen Keyboard