This section outlines how to set up a meeting room console from the Windows system.
Launcher is compatible in meeting room configurations where meeting room consoles are set up.
These tablet-sized touchscreen monitors are usually located on the meeting room table and are connected to the meeting room’s compute device. In meeting rooms where Launcher might be found, this compute device will be running Windows 10 operating system.
To set up Launcher for meeting room consoles from the Windows system, please follow these steps:
- On the Windows system, while the meeting room console is connected, go to Settings > System > Display to show the display panel settings.
- Here, you will see the displays connected to the Windows system. Identify which of the screens is the meeting room controller, then place it to the left or the right of the other display (vertical arrangement is not currently supported), as follows:
3. Once you’ve arranged the displays according to your preference, select the meeting room controller by clicking on the relevant display as shown in the image above. The display panel settings will now be shown for the selected display.
4. Next, scroll to the bottom of the display settings. Under Multiple displays, ensure that:
- Extend these displays is selected.
- Make this my main display is checked.
5. You may now close the display settings and proceed with the application setup. You will be prompted to choose your main display during the application set up, however as you have done this on the system, you may continue with the default selection.
Zoom configuration for meeting room consoles
For the best experience, we recommend the following:
- Ensure the Zoom application has a dedicated room account. This account should never be the meeting organiser.
- In the Zoom application settings under General, ensure the following option is unchecked: Enter full screen automatically when starting or joining a meeting
- In the Zoom application settings under Keyboard Shortcuts, ensure the following options are checked:
- Start/Stop Video
- Mute/Unmute My Audio