The service installer must be installed before the app installer, as it contains core components and scripts that must be set up on the system before the application can be run.
Installer command line parameters
Command line parameters are available when executing the installer via command line. These are:
- /quiet or /q or silent – Runs the installer in silent and unattended mode.
- /uninstall or /u – Forces the installer to run as the uninstaller.
- [SETTINGS_FILE_PATH] – sends the file path of the settings file, allowing the installer to import the settings file during the install process. This command line is only available for the app installer and can only be used in combination with /quiet, /q or silent commands.
The in-app settings export function may be used to retrieve a settings configuration file that can be deployed to enrolled devices. This includes settings such as the shortcuts, licence key, PIN, background image, etc.
- It is not currently possible to export room calendar configuration.
- Some shortcuts don’t export as intended. Please report any issues exporting shortcuts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deploying the settings file
To deploy the settings configuration, please follow these steps:
- Retrieve the LauncherSettings.lsf file from the Launcher application by exporting settings as outlined here: exporting launcher settings
- Place the LauncherSettings.lsf file into the following directory of the target device: %localappdata%\Packages\DisplayNote.Launcher_dd93t4t878ybj\LocalState
- Next time the application is launched, the application will import the settings found in the exported file and the LauncherSettings.lsf is removed from the system.