Please refer to official Microsoft documentation for using Win32 apps with Microsoft Intune: Add, assign and monitor a Win32 app with Microsoft Intune.
The following information may be used in conjunction with official documentation to deploy Launcher using Microsoft Intune.
When deploying onto systems where the application is already installed, it is recommended to set up detection rules targeting the version number of the application.
App installer version detection
To detect the app installer version via Microsoft Intune, in the Detection rules pane, choose the custom detection script rules format, then use one of the following methods:
- Check using PowerShell command: Get-AppXPackage DisplayNote.Launcher | Select-Object -Property Version
- Check the install location that contains the version number in the path itself. For example: C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\DisplayNote.Launcher_18.104.22.168_x64__dd93t4t878ybj
Service installer version detection
To detect the service installer version via Microsoft Intune, in the Detection rules pane, choose the option to manually configure the detection rule using the following parameters:
- Rule type: File
- Path: Insert the path of the root of SpotWin32Service.exe executable (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\DisplayNoteTechnologies\Launcher)
- File or folder: exe
- Detection method: String (version)
- Operator: Equals
- Value: Insert current version number of the application (i.e. 22.214.171.124)
To avoid installation errors while deploying, it is recommended to set up an app dependency rule that requires the service installer to be installed before the app installer can be deployed.
This can be achieved via the Dependencies pane in Microsoft Intune. See Microsoft documentation: Step 5 Dependencies