Launcher comes with a Cleanup function, which secures the meeting room according to your needs. There are two profiles to choose: Basic or Custom. In this article, we'll cover the Basic Cleanup profile.
The Basic Cleanup profile is best if your organisation has basic security requirements. With this profile, you can choose when the Cleanup should trigger but you won’t have control over what the Cleanup does.
How to set the Basic Cleanup profile
There are two areas in which you can set the Basic Cleanup profile:
- During first time set up.
- From the application settings, under Security > Configure Cleanup
Some other considerations when switching profiles:
- Switching to the Basic Cleanup will require the application to restart.
- A PIN is required to restart the application.
- If using the Custom Cleanup profile, its configuration will not be deleted when switching to the Basic Cleanup profile.
How the Basic Cleanup profile works
The Basic Cleanup profile runs under a temporary Windows user when a Launcher session is started, and it is deleted when a Cleanup is triggered.
When a temporary user is deleted:
- Any application running under the temporary user will automatically close – please note certain exceptions like Microsoft Teams.
- Data generated by applications is removed from the system (i.e. web browsing history, files saved to temporary user directories, cache, etc.)
Please note that using a temporary user to operate system applications may introduce user management limitations and limitations to third-party application behaviour.
Please sign in to leave a comment.