This function is available from the application settings. See how to access application settings.
Add a new application shortcut
Follow the instructions below to add a new application shortcut:
1. Go to the Shortcuts section of the application settings.
2. In the Shortcuts settings, press Add app.
3. A new window labeled Add app appears, and Launcher searches for applications on your system. A full list of applications appears when the search is complete.
4. Select any number of applications you wish to set up as shortcuts by tapping on individual list items and then press Add.
5. The window disappears, and you will return to the shortcut settings where your selected shortcuts are shown. Return to the home screen by closing the application settings.
6. On the home screen, you will now see your list of shortcuts.
Add a new application shortcut using file path
Some software makes use of shortcut executables to run their application. In such cases, users may experience issues when trying to start these applications via Launcher, as they may not have been set up correctly.
If you experience issues launching an application via app shortcuts in Launcher, please check that the application executable (.exe) added to Launcher is correct and not the shortcut executable.
To make certain that the application is added correctly, follow these steps:
1. On your Windows system, outside of Launcher, access the application shortcut properties: Right-click or long-press (touch) on a desktop application shortcut and select Properties.
2. In the properties, find the correct application location under the Shortcut > Open file location to open a file explorer window with the application executable selected.
3. Right-click the application executable and select Copy address as text.
4. Open Launcher and go to the Shortcuts section of the application settings.
5. In the Shortcuts settings, press Add app.
6. A new window labeled Add app Press Browse… to open the Windows file explorer.
7. Right-click or long-press the path field, then:
- Press Paste to paste the file address.
- Press the right-facing arrow or the enter key on a keyboard to access the file address.
8. Select the application executable file (.exe) and press Open.
9. The application has been added to Launcher as a shortcut and appears on the home screen.