The mobile app allows you to connect to Launcher devices wirelessly to launch calls from your mobile and wirelessly sign in to Microsoft 365 on the main display.
Connecting to Launcher is achieved in one of two ways:
- Via Bluetooth (for Bluetooth enabled devices)
- Via QR Code
When connected to a Launcher enabled Windows device:
- You are signed into Microsoft 365 on the main display, where you may access your Microsoft OneDrive content and Outlook Calendar events.
- You may view your Outlook Calendar events on your mobile device and launch these on the main display wirelessly.
Connecting via Bluetooth
This function is only available if you have allowed location services permissions. See how to set up the mobile app for proximity detection.
Follow these simple steps to connect to Launcher using Bluetooth:
- Ensure your mobile device Bluetooth setting is On. This is found within your phone's settings, under Bluetooth.
- Ensure the Launcher device is Bluetooth-enabled and has its Bluetooth setting turned on. You can check the Bluetooth status by pressing Sign in on the Launcher home screen and looking for the status that reads Bluetooth is enabled on this device.
- Ensure that you are in proximity of a Launcher enabled Windows device. Then, on your mobile device, open the Launcher app and sign in to Microsoft if prompted to do so.
- The mobile app automatically starts scanning the area for nearby Launcher devices. Any nearby devices appear on a list.
- Select a device from the list to establish a connection via Bluetooth.
- If successful, you are now connected to Launcher.
Connecting via QR code
This function is only available if you have allowed relevant camera permissions. See how to set up the mobile app for QR scanner function.
Follow these simple steps to connect to Launcher using the QR scanner:
1. Firstly, ensure that the Launcher device that you wish to connect to is available. To check, go to your Launcher enabled Windows device and ensure that Launcher is open and on the home screen. If no one is signed in, a QR code should be available to the bottom right corner of the interface, as illustrated below.
2. Once you have identified the QR code on the Launcher enabled Windows device, open the Launcher app on your mobile.
3. While on the Discover screen, press Connect with QR code at the bottom of the screen.
4. The mobile app's QR scanner opens. Go to the Launcher enabled Windows device and scan the QR code you identified in step 1.
5. If the scan is successful, you are now connected to Launcher.
Disconnecting from Launcher
To disconnect from Launcher:
- Press the exit button to the top right of the mobile app interface.
- Press Sign out to the bottom right of the Launcher home screen